At Embodied, we are proud to be building socially assistive robots. We are creating a new product category from the ground up that values and caters to the full diversity of our consumers.
Located in Pasadena in sunny Pasadena, California, our diverse team is founded and led by experts in robotics, AI/ML, entertainment, and consumer electronics. We recently raised a Series A at $22M USD from Calibrate, JAZZ Ventures, Intel, Osage, Amazon, Toyota Ventures, and other investors.
We are looking to add a talented and creative Jr .Technical Designer to our growing technical team. Join our team's mission to create robots that help people reach their full potential!
· Learn ChatScript and author content according to design documents.
· Scripting content modules as defined in document specifications.
· Testing and debugging all work to make sure it meets established standards.
· Marking up created content to improve speech, animations and sound effects.
· Conforming to established standards of performance for quality and timeliness.
· Interfacing with team members within and outside the content team.
· Writing and maintaining documents providing specifications for Scripting content.
· Clearly communicate your work to others
· Performing other duties as assigned.
· Demonstrated programming skills in C++, Python, and/or Swift
· Curiousity about software and processes
· Ability to investigate and debug difficult problems
· Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills: In this role, you will need to
communicate clearly, and lead complex tasks among many people
· An open mind and team oriented spirit!
Embodied is creating robots to help make the world a better place. Come join us to make an impact.
Benefits & Perks
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes health benefits, employee options, 401(k) with employer match, PTO, gym subsidies, catered lunches, fun company events and flexible schedules. We are a dynamic and diverse team that likes to push the status quo. Our work environment is results-driven, collaborative, flexible, and supportive of work-life balance.
Please include a brief cover letter with paragraph about why you are interested/ think you would be a good fit for the role.